Guia is a small town and a community (about 4,200 inhabitants) in the county of Albufeira.
Coordinates: 37° 8′ N, 8° 18′ W
The place is situated roughly 9 km nortwest of Albufeira directly by the N125.
At the eastern edge of the town is a big industrial and shopping area. South of the old town center were built many modern apartments during the last years.
Guia regards itself as capital of the Frango Piri-Piri (chicken with a special chili sauce). This Portuguese speciality is offered in more than 20 restaurants of the town.
Moreover, there are banks, the post office, shops and snackbars.
The origins of the Ermida de Nossa Sra. da Guia date from the 15th century.
Coordinates: 37°07'36.3"N 8°18'04.5"W
In the 17th and 18th century the former hermitage was several times modified and restaurated.
The market hall is open daily from 7 h.
Coordinates: 37°07'31.7"N 8°18'05.3"W
Diverse shops are arranged like a ring around the square. The offered range is fresh and manifold.
The Igreja Matriz da Guia was built in the 17th century. After the damages caused by the earthquake of 1755 the church has been restored.
Coordinates: 37°07'35.0"N 8°17'55.5"W
Can be visited on Thursdays from 15 h to 18 h.